Sunday, April 12, 2009

Volunteering in Mississauga

Volunteering In MississaugaI have volunteered in Mississauga for 17 years and while a lot of the "personal touches" have changed at Trillium over the years it's still a lot of fun and a great way to meet people if that's what you’re looking for. Volunteering can be as social or as personal as you want it to be and it does get you out and into the community. I have experienced many lifelong friendships because of volunteering. If you are still looking for work then it can be a great way to get the "scoop" on employment too. For me it is a great way to meet friends and to pay back to the community. I spend a lot of time alone and for the most part enjoy my own company, with that being said, I do enjoy the social aspects of volunteering and photography so don't sit at home. If you are really shy or nervous or thinking I don't know what I could do as a Trillium volunteer, just start with coming in. On the other hand, if you are very shy write to me and I will personally meet with you, I will introduce you to the volunteer coordinator and they will take care of the rest. There are so many volunteer opportunities all over Mississauga so why not pick something you like to do and volunteer there, for example if your an avid reader why not volunteer at the library. There is also a central volunteer agency in Mississauga where they will help you pick a volunteer position suited to your personality and skills. The key thing is to get out there! You do have skills maybe some you did not even know you had until you get out there and start talking to someone. Send me a note and I will point you in the right direction just don't be alone all of the time. There are lots of craft clubs too if you’re interested but that's for another day...Cheers
Posted by Suzanne Williams at 3:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment